A Thriving Destination
Greater MSP is a popular haven for skilled foreign workers seeking employment.
- 2,900 Annual H1-B visa requests — a leader among the largest U.S. metros (myvisajobs.com 2019 data)
- STEM occupations dominate the H1B visa request list in the twin cities, with engineers, developers, and system analysts filing the most requests (myvisajobs.com 2019 data)
- 11,600 foreign students live in Greater MSP — University of MN-Twin Cities is the most popular destination
- Over 1.2M residents of Greater MSP are from a different U.S. state or country (2013 U.S. Census)
- 29% came from another country
- 71% came from another state — top three metro regions are Chicago, NYC and Phoenix
Minnesota State will partner to customize or create new training tailored to your workforce, your timeline, your industry, or your business plan. Examples of past training programs cover a diverse range of specialties, including environmental safety compliance, computer programming, ISO certification, manufacturing technology, and quality assessment/management.
Learn more about workforce solutions offered by the State of Minnesota: