A Thriving Destination
Greater MSP is a popular haven for skilled foreign workers seeking employment.
- 4,200 Annual H1-B visa requests — a leader among the largest U.S. metros
- 80% of H1-B visa requests are for STEM occupations, particularly computer engineers
- 11,600 foreign students live in Greater MSP — University of MN-Twin Cities is the most popular destination
- Over 1.2M residents of Greater MSP are from a different U.S. state or country (2013 U.S. Census)
- 29% came from another country
- 71% came from another state — top three metro regions are Chicago, NYC and Phoenix
Minnesota State will partner to customize or create new training tailored to your workforce, your timeline, your industry, or your business plan. Examples of past training programs cover a diverse range of specialties, including environmental safety compliance, computer programming, ISO certification, manufacturing technology, and quality assessment/management.
See the topics that are listed on Minnesota State's website:
View a guide to business services offered by Minnesota State, as well as contact information: