Center Cities Competitiveness Initiative
Bringing business to the Heart of the region
Minneapolis and Saint Paul celebrate our companies and welcome you to our center cities. Here you will find a pro-business climate, an outstanding tech community, and a dynamic bio-ag industry. At the center of our med-tech corridor, we have more than 17 Universities, colleges and a ready and skilled labor market, and are home to many “Made in MN” products.
Business is a top priority in Minneapolis and Saint Paul. Center Cities partners work collaboratively to accelerate job growth and capital investment in North Minneapolis, Northeast Minneapolis, the East Side of Saint Paul and Saint Paul's Midway Area. Through strategic enhancements and financial investments, these organizations are building a framework that will result in significant economic growth, increased talent retention and improved vitality for our region, which in turn will benefit area neighborhoods, residents and businesses alike.
North Minneapolis and the East Side of Saint Paul are anchored by nearly 1,000 businesses and are home to myriad industries, including healthcare and medical technology, energy technology, business services, transportation and logistics, creative services, and advanced manufacturing. Here is a snapshot of the benefits our companies enjoy by locating to these two central areas.
North Minneapolis | Home to Coloplast US, Knock, Eyebobs, Premier Precision Group
- Conveniently located near downtown without downtown prices
- Great freeway access to Interstates 94 & 394 and Minnesota Highway 55 & 100
- Accessible rail in several parts of North Minneapolis
- Employees can enjoy easy commuting via bike and bus
- More than 35 parks in North Minneapolis
- Grow North! financial Incentive Package
- Access to Minneapolis’ ready and qualified labor market
East Side of Saint Paul | Home to HealthPartners Neurosciences Center, Moventas, Gerdau Ameristeel
- Shovel-ready, industrially zoned sites
- 120 seconds to Interstate 35E & Phalen Boulevard
- Quick access to Interstate 94, rail and river shipping
- International Airport within 10 miles, corporate within 5 miles
- Access to Saint Paul’s ready and qualified labor market
- Financial incentives available
- Conveniently located near downtown
Find out how your business can tap the potential of these dynamic neighborhoods. Contact Shauen Pearce-Lassiter.