GREATER MSP has a fast-paced work environment. We seek candidates who demonstrate excellent written and communication skills, enjoy working with multiple internal and external stakeholders, are passionate about economic development and have the ability to see the big picture while also focusing on the finer details. If you are a smart, civic-minded individual with the passion to make a positive impact in our region, we would love to hear from you.
GREATER MSP (Minneapolis Saint Paul Regional Economic Development Partnership) is a private non-profit organization (501C3) dedicated to providing public and private sector leadership, coordination and engagement to grow the economy of the 16-County Minneapolis Saint Paul region. With its economic development partners from throughout the region, GREATER MSP is advancing a coordinated regional economic development strategy, a coordinated regional brand to promote the region’s assets, and a coordinated regional business retention, expansion, and recruitment program to stimulate capital investment and job creation in the region.
Job Title: Project Manager – Medical Technology
Position Reports To: Director, Business Investment
Status: Salaried, Exempt
This position manages projects that facilitate business investment and job creation primarily within the medical technology-related industry sectors. In order to do so, maintaining strong relationships with local, national, and global business clients, the commercial real estate development community, site selection consultants, and economic development officials is essential.
- Develop and maintain relationships, primarily with medical technology-related companies, through proactive, regular follow-up with clients who are considering expansion/relocation to the Greater MSP region. Maintain up to date project status information/activity in relevant databases.
- Develop and maintain relationships with various stakeholders and influencers, both inside and outside the region to promote GREATER MSP efforts. These include site selection consultants, professional services firms, company investment representatives, and economic development agencies.
- Function as liaison between the client and economic development professionals, financing sources, and workforce development specialists.
- Work with staff and partners to coordinate and execute all aspects of customer/company visits to the region and provide follow-up as required.
- Participate in outreach to companies within the medical technology sector, and other targeted sectors as assigned.
- Coordinate outreach to site location consultants, corporate real estate professionals, and other key individuals in the real estate industry.
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of the Site Selection Consultant FAM Tours.
- Contribute to the efficiency of GREATER MSP by performing other duties and participating in special projects, as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Education: Undergraduate degree in business administration, real estate, marketing, communications or related field.
Knowledge: Broad, general knowledge of the medical technology industry market (e.g., pharmaceutical, medical device, etc.) and familiarly with related regulatory environment. Familiarity with economic and community development issues, site selection, real estate and project management preferred.
Experience: 2-3 years of sales experience. Preference will be given to those with demonstrated economic development, marketing or real estate experience.
Skills: Excellent communication, planning, problem-solving, and project management skills required. An interest in, and aptitude for, international and domestic travel, including overnight travel, is required. Candidate must be proficient in MS Office suite. Project management database experience is desired, with prior Sales Force utilization preferred.
GREATER MSP is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to hiring individuals who contribute to the cultural diversity of our workplace. We strive to provide market-competitive compensation, including a very robust benefits package.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Submit your resume and a cover letter, including salary requirements, by 5 pm Sunday, August 27, 2017 to: PM-MedTech@greatermsp.org