GREATER MSP has a fast-paced work environment. We seek candidates who demonstrate excellent written and communication skills, enjoy working with multiple internal and external stakeholders, are passionate about economic development and have the ability to see the big picture while also focusing on the finer details. If you are a smart, civic-minded individual with the passion to make a positive impact in our region, we would love to hear from you.
GREATER MSP (Minneapolis Saint Paul Regional Economic Development Partnership) is a private non-profit organization (501C3) dedicated to providing public and private sector leadership, coordination and engagement to grow the economy of the 16-County Minneapolis Saint Paul region. With its economic development partners from throughout the region, GREATER MSP is advancing a coordinated regional economic development strategy, a coordinated regional brand to promote the region’s assets, and a coordinated regional business retention, expansion, and recruitment program to stimulate capital investment and job creation in the region.
Project Manager & Market Researcher for the MSP Regional Air Services Partnership:
Position Reports To: Director, Research & Analysis
Status: Salaried, Exempt
The MSP Regional Air Services Partnership is a private sector lead initiative formed in partnership with public and institutional leaders in the Greater Minneapolis Saint Paul region to ensure globally competitive air service through support to the Metropolitan Airports Commission (the MAC) and airlines currently serving, or new entrant airlines potentially serving, the Minneapolis Saint Paul International Airport (Airport). Globally competitive air service, and a world-class facility to support it, is critical to the economy and quality of life of all globally competitive regions. Retaining and attracting businesses, and the economic impact and jobs they provide, requires increasingly efficient infrastructure and services. Competitive air service is a top priority for businesses, large and small, in determining where to make investments and locate facilities and employees. The future of our economy and prosperity for all of our residents will be significantly enhanced by our efforts to sustain and enhance our airport and the airlines that serve it.
Summary of overall duties:
- conduct research on air service needs (current and future) in conjunction with airlines, the Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC), and businesses to ensure a robust fact base and complete understanding of market conditions and potential for service enhancements or reductions;
- provide assistance to MAC and airlines in identification and justification of new and improved service offerings (destinations/routes);
- support MAC in retaining existing carriers and attracting new air carriers to the airport;
- create partnerships with federal, state, and local elected leadership to develop and support policies to maintain and enhance competitive air service;
- communicate regularly with businesses regarding opportunities and challenges facing the airport and the airlines serving the region, and secure their support in addressing these opportunities and challenges;
- provide general staff support to the Partnership, including its Executive Committee, Working Team, and Advisory Committee.
- Work with MSP Regional Air Services Partnership members to shape strategic direction of the Partnership and develop related work plan; create annual performance metrics; lead implementation.
- Prepare agendas and related materials for all Partnership Board and Committee meetings, and serve as lead staff member for all Board and committee meetings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with various stakeholders and influencers (e.g., business executives and leaders, MAC officials, elected officials, economic development professionals), both inside and outside the region to promote the Airport for new or increase service by various airlines.
- Build connections between the Partnership and other initiatives of the Regional Economic Development Strategy in coordination with the Vice President, Strategic Partnerships.
- Balance multiple priorities, working independently or participating as a part of a cross-functional team, keeping others informed through clearly written and verbal communication, while maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Contribute to the efficiency of GREATER MSP by performing other duties and participating in special projects, as assigned.
- Identify current and emerging Partnership-related issues. Collect data, conduct research, and develop briefing materials on potential actions to address these issues.
- Perform, compile, and analyze research, data collection, economic, statistical, survey-related data information gathering including in-person interviews, using professionally accepted techniques and methodologies.
- Perform various types of research on competitiveness and economic trends as needed (e.g., regional comparisons, industry analyses, case studies, etc.) and other research as assigned
- Provide research support as directed by the MSP Regional Air Services Partnership.
- In conjunction with the MAC, assist in the development of content, and creation of, prospect proposal packages, collateral materials, and other marketing and sales message delivery mechanisms.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Education: Undergraduate degree in business administration, economics, urban planning/public policy, marketing, or related field. MBA or MPA preferred.
Experience/Knowledge: Minimum of 2 (5+ preferred) years of experience. Familiarity with economic development issues, project management, policy or transportation and infrastructure issues beneficial. Working knowledge of business analytics, databases, information extraction, and data visualization.
Skills: Excellent oral and written communication, planning, problem-solving, project management, and qualitative and quantitative and skills. High technical aptitude, ability to perform primary research, and ability to adapt and learn new data/research tools. Candidate must be proficient in MS Office suite, including Access or other database management tools. Ability to effectively communicate with C-level executives and government officials. Some travel required.
To Apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with application review beginning June 1st.